Birthday portraits are the perfect way to celebrate YOU! To capture the joy of your life in this moment, in this year, right now.
- so you say life isn't all joy ~ is it ever going to be?
- so you say you need to lose 10 pounds first ~ do you have a plan?
- so you say I'm not (fill in the blank here) enough ~ good, pretty, important, comfortable, etc?
- so you say no one wants a photo of just little ole me ~ have you asked your family what they think about that? (read on dear friend!)
- so you say I'm too busy ~ when was the last time you took some time for you, filled your own bucket?
- so you say I don't like my (again fill in the blank here) ~ nose, chin, hands, etc... what do you not hate about yourself?
- so you say people will think you're self absorbed ~ but isn't your birthday the one time it should be about you?
- so you say I don't celebrate my birthday ~ and I ask you, "why not?"
My Aunt just turned 101 (not a typo at all, yes, 101!!) and she still celebrates her special day. Just think if you have another 40, 50, 60 years of birthdays and find nothing to celebrate about that. I'm kinda sad thinking about it that way. I celebrate every year. Without fail. Even when my mother-in-law was so sick on my 40th birthday, we had cake. When my father-in-law was failing on my 50th, we celebrated. Because birthdays are about LIFE. Not that perfect life in the magazine (or on Facebook and Instagram) but about your life right this moment.
You are given this one life to live. How you do that is entirely up to you. You can do it with joy and wonder and gratitude and love. Or you can do it without those things - sort of settling for less than. You get to choose. And for me, I choose joy. I choose wonder. I choose gratitude. And above all, I choose love. And that includes loving myself and my life as it is.
For the last few years I have done birthday self-portraits. Just to celebrate the day that I came into this world. It was difficult at first as I was learning how to set everything up. But I look back now and smile. I remember where I was and what was going on in my life. And I discover things about myself. For instance, I didn't realize that I love my collarbone area. So I highlighted that in some photos this year.
You don't need to take your own birthday portraits to celebrate the uniqueness of you. That's what I'm here for! So, what do you say??? With or without family (including fur babies cuz they're family too); at home or at your favorite local spot. What a gift to give yourself and your family. I'll help you through the entire process. And it will be fun!!
Can I help you celebrate? Click HERE to see how to contact me!
See more of my birthday & other self-portraits HERE.